HW: Tim Blake - opinions please

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Sep 30 15:18:20 EDT 1998

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:48:28 -0400 Keith Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:

>>I've just got my dealer update and there's three Tim Blake albums back on -
>>Blake's New Jerusalem, Crystal Machine and Magick.
>>
>>Now I've never heard anything from any of these.  Should I spend some hard
>>earned pennies?
>>
>>Opinions please.
>
>I'd recommend New Jerusalem of the three.

I definitely agree ...

>Magick is 90's material (I actually saw him on tour following that album)
>that has some nice things, but not all that necessary.  Crystal Machine I
>haven't listened to in years, having only the LP, but it's more synth
>ramblings than structured music.

Crystal Machine is cool if you're into real noodly synth stuff; almost like
Tangerine Dream meets Silver Apples.  I never heard Magick, but I wasn't
that thrilled about the show I saw on that tour.  Sounded too new-age and
not spacey enough for me.  (plus, he was being a jerk to the people who
actually went to the effort of putting on a show in San Jose of all places)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com