HW: Hawkwind trivia, Q&S

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM
Fri Apr 9 09:36:48 EDT 1999

> Stephen Lindsey writes:
>
> > I always thought the wierd tape version was from the Top of the Pops
> > performance
>
> Eh? What Top of the Pops performance?

Myabe you're right I'm thinking Marc Bolan, (memory like a sieve......)

> They did play The Marc Bolan Show in 1977 but I'm pretty sure they just
> mimed to the single, which is why Brock refused to appear.

But I thought the story I heard was that they recorded it for the show
at the rehearsal (with Brock) and then mimed to the playback (not the single)
thats similar to say the Ed Sullivan show approach, and where the recording
might have come from.

Has anyone ever seen this incidentally (would also solve this question !)
I guess they didn't have VCRs back then .........

Cheers,
Steve L