OFF: Bevis Frond, etc.

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Aug 19 12:50:28 EDT 1999

Brian said...

>September
>22 - Pittsburgh / Carnegie Mellon University
>24 - Bowling Green / Howard's Club House
>October
>16 - Cleveland / Speak in Tongues

Cool!!  I love multiple options!  Will Ade be touring with them this time?

>October
>14 - Chicago / Empty Bottle (w 7% Solution)
>15 - Madison / Union South Club 770 (w 7% Solution)

Hey, 7% Solution is damn good.  (Might even be worth the trip to Chicago.)
They must be doing some sort of tour on their own as well, since I know
they're planning to play at the CMJ festival in NYC next month.  I'll post
their complete schedule if and when I receive it.

For those that don't know them, you should track down the first CD, 'All
about spaceships and satellites' I think it's called.  It's extremely good!
A bit dreamier than classic space rock, but any Hawkfan should enjoy it.
Their latest, Gabriel's Waltz, I like very much also, though it's closer to
the same sound as Porcupine Tree's newest.  Actually, I think it's better
than Stupid Dream, but then, some of you probably think that's not saying
much!  :)

Another show for New Yorkers...Walk On Water (Detroit) is playing at the
Continental club next Wednesday night (8/15).  They're a really cool
high-energy psychedelic band.  Perhaps halfway between classic Detroit style
(eg., MC5) and 90s stoner rock (without the sludge).  They will also return
for the CMJ fest next month.

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  On SD'99...it seems that the two bands I recommended for filling in
for Tribe of Cro couldn't make it this Friday....so it appears Nucleon might
step in and take the spot.  I'm happy with that...I saw them two months'
ago, and thought they had improved a lot (better new songs!) since last
year's SD, when I thought they were just 'alright.'  Of course, it was 95°
at that point, and I was burned out by then, so perhaps I wasn't quite in
the right mood for Nucleon then.

P.P.S.  Nice to see you're back in time for SD'99, Mr. Lindsay.  We need you
to tell us your new address man, since the last issue got returned to us!
We owe you one...see us at SD'99...probably same place, bigger table?
Bigger issues, definitely.  And more CDs to purchase!!  Bring your cash!  :)