BOC: Concert bills

Thu Jul 29 13:05:16 EDT 1999

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 7/28/99 9:55:35 AM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:
>
> <<        Motorhead's first ever gig was in support of Blue Oyster Cult...
> How times have changed. This was the Lemmy-Wallis-Fox line-up and
> apparently it went very badly wrong. I have also heard it contained a
> fifteen minute `Silver Machine' but this may just be Motormyth.
> Hammersmith Odeon, according to the sleeve notes in _On Parole_. Yours,
> >>

> actually wasnt the first motohaid gig in '75 opening for hawkwind? the gig
> which began with an xcerpt from ==koff== a hitler speech? i've got it; it
> didnt go so wrong aside from that opening...dunno about 15 minutes of "silver
> machine" but they did play it; also the velvet underground's "i'm waiting for
> the man"...
> so if anyone ever asks 'what's the one cover song which the yardbirds,
> motorhead, and hawkwind have in common?' the latter song be it.
>
> "what's word's worth?" (by any other name) is way sloppier than their first
> gig, memory serving

        Well, I pulled my info off Mick Farren's sleeve-notes to the
remaster of _On Parole_... You may be right, but if you're quarrelling
with the man Farren, vampires will come after your lunch money, right
Andy?

        Oh, and Larry, the Pink Fairies do `Waiting For The Man' too, on
_Live At the Roundhouse_, so you can add them to the pile... (wouldn't be
a bad gig that one)... Yours,
                              Jon