OFF: [Fwd: BayProg: Melting Euphoria]

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Thu Jun 24 23:54:39 EDT 1999

Here's a post from Melting Euphoria from the BayProg mailing list.
The posts are few and far between on this mailing list but there are a
few jewels here and there.

http://www.till.com/BayProg/index.html

Sorry I didn't forward this sooner!

My friend Don of the band Tesseract administers the list.  They're more
prog than spacerock.  Still good though.  You can check out  sound clips
here:

http://www.till.com/tesseract/album.html

And, there was recent sad news about the demise of the Exposure Radio
Show:  http://www.mercurycenter.com/justgo/columnists/ear/docs/64.htm

Karen

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: BayProg: Melting Euphoria
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:46:52 PDT
From: "Bob Clic" <meltingeuphoria at hotmail.com>
To: bayprog at lists.best.com

Hey everyone, since we've been out of touch lately I thought I'd fill
in the blanks.

Anthony is still back east, I don't have much personal info on him, ie
how he is doing or how he likes it, etc.  I speak with Mychael and
Zero quite a bit.  Zero has been playing me stuff over the phone.  The
three of us (plus my son Steve filling in on bass) will begin some
songwriting sessions over the next month or so.  Mychael just moved
farther north up the Marin side of the bay.  He is living in a large
ranch-style place with studio space and NO NEIGHBORS!  We will be
working there once we get started.

I've been busy as hell with the other bands I'm in.  The blues band,
"Big Daddy From Cincinnati" has 2 shows a month at the Boom Boom Room
here in SF.  We "might" be opening this years SF Blues Fest (I hope).
 Sales of my 20 year old punk band The Lewd are way better than we
thought, (we're bigger than we were in the 70s) prompting a
semi-reunion (natch!) this summer.  So I've had to work on my speed
again!?!?!?  and it still feels great!

Our next cd will be out in June according to Cleo.  We had problems
with them not being able to read the zip disk with the artwork so I
had to work that out.  Then they fucking LOST our master, so we had to
send a back-up.  I've been very unhappy with this situation,
obviously.  We most likely will be moving on to another label after
this cd.  Never in my 20+ years of recording and record label
experience have I had these problems.  I better stop here before I get
nasty.

As I am in touch with everyone in the band, I have been
co-ordinating the plan for the new songs.  We are all in agreement
that the next batch of material will be much more high energy, with a
rock feel, while remaining meltingly euphoric at the same time.  We
all just want to change up a bit, and crank out some less dreamy
chaos.  Don't expect us to work from a setlist, or play our songs in a
recognizable fashion, or bother with those messy
time-wasting soundchecks.  We're the same old band, we're just putting
some umph into it.

So thats about it, until June when "She's Taking Us Over The Edge Of
The World" comes out.  Later everybody,

Bob Clic
Melting Euphoria

BayProg EMail list.
To remove yourself from the list, send an email message to:
BayProg-request at lists.best.com
with a body text of "unsubscribe" (but without the quotes).