BOC Live?

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Fri Mar 5 02:20:09 EST 1999

"Ted Jackson jr. s2h2" wrote:

> > From:          Brian Halligan <bthalligan at HOTMAIL.COM>
>
> > > They did Golden Age at a gig a while back.  Where was it, Capt.
> > > Trip's in '97?  Brian, you remember that one?
> >
> > I think they did it at Strike Zone in Binghamton.  The setlist from
> > Capt. Tripp's is in a review I wrote on the "Imaginos" Web site.
>
> I was at the Strike Zone gig [both of them, actually] but can't
> remember where they did GAoL.  It wasn't the gig at Sylvan Beach, was
> it?

> > remember they did tRatB there, but I can't remember the 2nd tune they
> > did.
> >

> And speaking of said Imaginos site, there's an item saying that he
> checked with CMC, and they're saying to expect a BOC live album this
> year.  I predicted this when BOC signed with CMC.  Makes good sense.
> Not a lot of up-front money needed for a live disc, nor a lot of
> production time.  I just hope they truly do rectify some sins of
> omission this time:  Stairway, Flaming Telepaths, Buck's Boogie?
>
> theo

BÖC in definite need of another live album, new line up, new album, glad
to see them doing this. Would be nice this time around to record a few
songs that have never been available live, they'll probably have to
place DFTR on it, maybe the other two also, but I sure hope they get
"creative" with the other selections. If I had to pick one song that
deserved to be on that album over any other song, it would have to be
Stairway, here's a song they've opened with countless times, one of thee
most commanding live Cult pieces I have ever heard (the live version on
Nail You Down would blow anybody away), and it seems that it has eluded
selection on all three of their legit live albums (though Live '76 is
relatively available, due to it's horrendous sound it doesn't count).
Here's my short hope list for the new live album:

1. Stairway to the Stars ***
2. Lips in the Hills ***
3. The Vigil ***
4. Take Me Away
5. Harvest Moon
6. See You in Black
7. Live for Me
8. Damaged (this would kill live)
9. X-Ray Eyes (this too :-))
10. Godzilla (for Danny and Bobby's solo's)

Title: Ezekiel's Wheel (unless their going to use it on there next
studio album).

Laj.