HW:Ramble

BL Young blyoung at BIGFOOT.COM
Fri Mar 12 10:28:08 EST 1999

> At 18:22 12/03/99 +1000, Patrick Cordiner wrote:
> >This is just a ramble to say (I know the conversation's over) after
> >listening to `In Your Area' for the last two weeks solid I've decided that
> >Captain Rizz is a good addition as long as his bits are skillfully
> >incoporated into exisiting songs

When I first heard about Rizz I was a bit wary and undecided, but then I
listened to the punkcast and thought it was alright, as long as he
picked his spots carefully.

And "In Your Area" proves that he does that quite skillfully.  I love
Ron Tree, too, but I think Rizz can add something as well.

Dave Berry wrote:

> I really like the bit on Brainstorm where he cries "Flee Babylon!" over the
> old "She said..." and "Brain-stoormmm" vocals.
>
> >but the best part for me was First Landing on Medusa,

The only part I really think I'll get sick of is the line "jump up and
down".  It sounds too juvenile for Hawkwind.

Bryan Young        CANADA        blyoung AT bigfoot DOT com
 http://www.geocities.com/Area51/7118      SF Reading Club
 http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6568             Hawkwind
 http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/6878    IFHL-FLA