Off: 101 adjectives

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Mon Mar 15 14:34:00 EST 1999

Ok, I see what you mean now I guess. I still find it odd that so many people
find fault with Rush lyrics.. Eeek, am I a nerd? I like them for the most
part. Though I can think of a number of occasions where they just don't work
but that's true of all bands. I always found Rush lyrics to be a refreshing
change from the ya ya baby teen sex lyrics, party/drug themed lyrics and of
course the ever popular doom, death and destruction lyrics.

JB

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   DASLUD at AOL.COM [mailto:DASLUD at AOL.COM]
                Sent:   Friday, March 12, 1999 9:55 PM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        Re: Off: 101 adjectives

                In a message dated 3/12/99 12:14:22 PM,
Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET writes:

                <<Ponderous? Like clunky, I don't see it>>

                yeah, after i sent that off i thought i shoulda said
something like "LYRICALLY
                ponderous";  i give them credit though just for having that
approach, which is
                not to say i'd listen to it of my own volition >>>

                so let's try to envision "clunky" as, like, "the sincere
nerd" whom you've met
                at the door as he's come to date your little sister; and an
honorable young
                man he is....she kinda likes him, enough to let him spend a
little cash on her
                and wish he'd gotten kissed at date's end (never happens)
because, well, as
                she puts it,"i like him, kinda, y'know? but he's just so...
                                                                    ...so
clunky...."

                  ja ne!