HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Patrick Cordiner s328171 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sun Mar 21 23:04:01 EST 1999

> From: John Majka
> Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 1:16 PM
>
> Wow...people have widely varying opinions about "Live 79" apparently!  I
> have always HATED "Lighthouse" and thought it was execrable crap, nor did
> care for Tim Blake's extremely overrated synth playing.  I'm so glad he
> left the band in a timely manner!

I actually don't mind `Lighthouse' at all, but I think in the context of
HW's playing around that time it isn't that bad. Compared to say Palace
Springs, or Hawklords Live (which I think are the surrounding live albums
but don't quote me) Tim Blake was (thankfully) balanced out by Ginger
Baker.

-Patrick