Fwd: BOC - Jaxx, Springfioeld VA 11/5/99

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 11 09:47:46 EST 1999

FROM ADRIAN BREVARD...
"<>"

In a message dated 11/8/99 10:09:42 AM, tickfan_5 at hotmail.com writes:

<< Gents:  Don't know if they still do this on BOC-L but here is the setlist
and a few observations from Fridays gig.  Haven't seen a setlist in a looong
time so don't know if any of this is a surprise...

AB

OK here it is the setlist and a few short notes:

1. Stairway to the Stars
2. O.D. On Life Itself
3. ETI
4. Harvest Moon

Ok first note...look at those four songs together...one would think you'd be
way deep into a rockin' evening but let me tell you...they messed up on all
four of those in a row...missed beats, Bobby glaring at Buck...Buck glaring
at Alan...Bloom looking confused and Danny just trying to play...vocals were
bad, harmonies not in sycnh...missing cues I have never heard Harvest Moon
sound so ordinary...at this point I thought I was in for a long nite...

5. Bucks Boogie (CC version)
6. Take me Away
7. Joan Crawford
8. Cities on Flame

OK these four were markedly better but still there were a few glitches... BB
seemed a bit more extended and not as high energy as in the past...vox on
Take Me Away weren't that good and the song seemed to drag a bit...Alan's
intro to Joan was good and the song done pretty well overall...Cities just
seemed a bit tired.

9. Burnin' For You
10. Harvester of Eyes
11. Last days of May
12. Lips in the Hills

Now we were cooking...Burnin' sounded great and finally the band seemed to
know the show had started...Harvester sounded oh so good...glad they dusted
off this old classic...LDoM, what can I say Buck has made this one a true
masterpiece with his showy solo...Lips in the Hills was ferocious...

13. Godzilla
14. DFtR

Well now the bass and drum solo's are still in this one and quite frankly I
am glad they are...Danny and Bobby really shined under the
spotlight...Buck's intro to Reaper was re-freshing and the song itself
sounds great as a closing number...keep it there pemanently...

Encore -

15. Golden Age of Leather
16. Dominance and Submission

Well Friday was Jay Nedry's birthday...Jay is the drummer for local legends
the Roadducks and also the owner of Jaxx...he must have been a great mood as
the bar stayed open dangerously close to curfew and he let the band play
on...in the past I have seen BOC do two song encores...one song and no
songs...many times becuase of curfew but not tonite...vocals were a bit
strained on on the toast but overall GAoL smoked...I still prefer Al on
vocals for D&S, no one but no one can sing this song like Al...but it was
high energy and damn tasty to boot...

Summary -  the second half of the show made up for the first...overall score
I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10...

AB