HW Fathead Halls, Croydon - quick review

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Nov 16 14:05:50 EST 1999

Andy.Gilham writes:

> Well, I enjoyed it, the sound and the performances were all over the place,
> sure, but I just got a really good vibe off it.   Nik's still a Rock And
> Roll Shaman of the highest order!   And there was kind of a party atmosphere
> with all the old and new guys together.

Yep, I'd go with that. It kinda worked when they played a track they all
knew. It failed totally when they tried to go into a jam, which is
understandable but a pity since long flowing jams have been too rare lately.

> I bet any tapes sound terrible though...  they *mostly* started and ended at
> the same time.  Nik was really pushing for another verse to "Master of the
> Universe."  Nobody seemed sure who was supposed to be on lead vocals at any
> given time, etc etc...

I liked Nik trying to sneak in his extra verse of MotU at the end but
the rest of 'em closing it down. He's a cheeky one is Nik.

> -- Andy

FoFP