HW: Epoch Eclipse Review.

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Nov 17 16:08:30 EST 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:52:03 -0000, Tim Stephenson
<timnjaq at TSTEPHENSON.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:
>I figured Epocheclipse was yet another poxy compilation.  So why should
>anyone with a half decent Hawks collection want to get it?

Because it's not the same old Anthology/Acid Daze or Dave Anderson tapes
(Text of Festival, Yuri Gagarin) repacked under a different name for the
seventeen-thousandth time?  It's about time someone (and it would've had to
be EMI) put out a decent career retrospective of *actual* album/singles
tracks from (gasp!) ALL the different labels from UA to EBS.  And the
selection on this one looks even better than the (now-out-of-print anyway)
Griffin '25 Years' box.

        -Doug (who hasn't bought it, but probably will,
              since his better-than-half-decent Hawks
              CD collection doesn't contain *all* the
               tracks on EE...)
         ceres at sirius.com