OFF: Farflung

Tim Stephenson timnjaq at TSTEPHENSON.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Nov 20 16:55:00 EST 1999

25,000 feet.  Err yeah...well.  i'm crap at explaining the sound of
groups/albums.

The HW influence is obvious.  I wouldnt describe it as Brainstorm like
though.  Its not as frenetic.  Much of the album has a spacey/ambient
quality, but with lots of Brock style driving guitar too.  If I had to
(Flame defences on standby) I'd say a HW/Tang Dream crossover with a teeny
bit of punk thrown in.  The track Landing on Cygonia is awesome.  I'd
recommend it for this alone, but the whole album is good too.

Jon - thanks for the comments on the other albums

Tim

np - Farflung, Landing on Cygonia  (its a coincidence - really!)