BOC: New Compilation track Listing

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Nov 23 16:33:08 EST 1999

This is the comp that the AOL BOC board voted on, right?

Stuart wrote:
>February of 2000 will see the release "Don't Fear The Reaper", a new BLUE
>OYSTER CULT compilation. Tracks to be included: "Cities On Flame With Rock
>And Roll", "The Red & The Black", "Flaming Telepaths", "Astronomy", "This
>Ain't The Summer Of Love", "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", "I Love The Night",
>"Goin' Through The Motions",
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Surely they must mean "Fireworks" or "Golden Age." Or is there an
undercurrent of BOC fandom who didn't think it was enough to put "GTtM" on
WotT?

>"Godzilla", "In Thee", "The Marshall Plan",
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Must have been a toss-up between that and Debbie Denise. ;-)

>"Black Blade", "Joan Crawford", "Burnin' For You", "Shooting Shark", "Take
>Me Away".

No complaints about these. Gotta have the big three I suppose, "tR&tB" and
"Flaming Telepaths" are two of my faves, and I like "I Love the Night." Not
too bad. I don't agree with the notion that die-hard BOC fans should be
asked to choose tracks that would mostly appeal to newbie fans. But it
looks like they did a good job choosing overall.

Brian
In rotation today> BOC: "FoUO", HW: "Alien 4"