BOC: New Compilation track Listing

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Nov 24 08:37:13 EST 1999

> This is the comp that the AOL BOC board voted on, right?

Yep - keep in mind that the "ground rules" were to vote not on what the
hardcore fans that have everything would want, but more what Joe Q.
Public would want on a "BOC's Greatest Hits" album - so of course the
"Big 3" are on there, and there won't be any rare cuts, outtakes, or
live tracks that would make it interesting to the BOC fan that already
has all that - the only selling point for the die-hards will be that
these tracks are supposed to be re-mastered, and may have some cool
liner notes (fingers crossed).

> >"Goin' Through The Motions",
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Surely they must mean "Fireworks" or "Golden Age." Or is there an
> undercurrent of BOC fandom who didn't think it was enough to put
> "GTtM" on
> WotT?

I think "Golden Age" was one of the top vote-getters -- don't believe
GTtM was...

> >"Godzilla", "In Thee", "The Marshall Plan",
> Must have been a toss-up between that and Debbie Denise. ;-)

Don't remember TMP being a favorite - another error by Sony perhaps?

> I don't agree with the notion that die-hard BOC fans should
> be
> asked to choose tracks that would mostly appeal to newbie fans. But it
> looks like they did a good job choosing overall.

Yeah - like there isn't enough stuff that any BOC newbie fan couldn't
already get - but of course where is the money for Sony in that?

John