HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Ronald Jennings sprawl at STARPOWER.NET
Mon Nov 29 15:23:38 EST 1999

>1.  How old are you?

34

> 2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?

16, in 1981-82

> 3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?

Space Ritual.  And never heard another or <OF> another until the end of 1985.
All that time I thought Space Ritual was their only album.

> 4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?

"Space ritual and to be more accurate Orgone Accumulator and
Sonic attack going into Time we left. it still gives me the chills :-))"

(Hate to be a copy-cat, but it is true.   I would only add the it was Mike
Moorcock's involvement that REALLY did the job.)

In late '85, I met some dude in a hotel swimming pool in Missouri, who laughed
at me when I told him my favorite album was SpaceRitual- the only album by a
band who never did anything else that I knew of..  He told me about all the
various albums they had, and especially about the Chronicle of the
BlackSword.  I spent the next four years trying to find ANYTHING by HW, but
all I found was Ridicule.  (Yeah, that sounds right, huh?)  ;)

Then, along came Space Bandits, and suddenly, HW was everywhere.  I bought
most of my collection in the space of a few months.

SO-  does anyone remember meeting a 19 year-old Army Dude from Ft Leonard Wood
in a hotel swimming pool in '85?

> And I'd like to add another two, 5: what is your favourite HW album now?

Again, whichever has most recently been played.  Sounds cheesy, but each time
I hear an album, it becomes my favorite, until I hear the next.

>6: what HW album do you play the most?

None in particular, but I tend to go for the ones with the longer track-lists.

RJ