OFF: Black Sabbath??? (Was OFF: Blues music, etc..)

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 8 06:22:20 EDT 1999

In a message dated 10/8/99 12:42:48 AM, antisol at SOFTHOME.NET writes:
<<
well, I think of Ozzy Osbourne as more or less an earlier version of Marilyn
Manson. There's no doubt the guy's a complete sell-out nowadays>>
=====
nahhh, alice cooper was the earlier version of marilyn manson....
the next question might be "at which point was osbourne NOT a sellout?"
I======
<<I acknowledge Hawkwind's overwhelming superiority! "Who's Gonna Win the War"
carries the deep, deep message that WAR IS BAD so much more eloquently than
"War
Pigs". And I just love what they're doing now with adapting trendy ALIEN
gimmickry into their cover art and set design!>>
======
thank you, i laughed...
i shoplifted the promo copy of sabbath's "paranoid" lp from woolworth's one
saturday morning in early '71. "war pigs" blew my 13-yr old sh*t away, what
with vietnam still raging and my USMC officer dad in the next room...
when i first showed up here i criticized the contemporary HW for what
appeared to be 'generic sci-fi'...there is truth in your last line, and yet
i've long dismissed sabbath, but i'd continue to give HW the benefit of the
doubt on general principle. better them than most others, notwithstanding
capt. rizz, who drives me up the (*&&^%&* wall....

"<>"

ps> by the way, that was the second title and second set of lyrics for "war
pigs"...the first lyrics were these embarrassingly stupid satanic/black mass
lyrics.
guess vietnam was an easy target just then, but still....