(w / BOC:) Metallica SUCKS! but not like the Bloodhound gang

Johnny Firich johnnybravo5858 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 23 15:30:26 EDT 2000

Well, dude, I gotta hand it to you - you trashed them the way I cound only
dream about.

>Lars used to be the president of the Motorhead fan club.
>Now, I guess he's an "artist".

really? I didn't know that.

>>From that point they turned into media darlings and everyone liked them.
>They were on the cover of every tiny bopper magazine. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!

heh - not sure I agree there. I'd say that even on 'Load' there are some
pretty 'raw' songs - I'd say that all that happened was they grew up. I
don't know if you're a BOC fan ro not, but that same thing can be seen
between OYFOOYK and Agents of Fortune. some people like it, some don't (I
don't, as you might have guessed :)).

I only saw them live once (last year, but then, I was 4 years old in 1986
:), and, again, I wouldn't say they suck (the show was great, w/ Mercyful
Fate, Monster Magnet, Marilyn Manson etc.etc.), but they've...changed. I
mean, I can actually enjoy, say, "Tuesday's gone", or "Turn the page", but
"Master" still kicks way above that. OTOH, wouldn't it suck if they'd done
things following the same old patterns over and over again, for some two
dozen albums? Same dilemma as with BOC 10 years earlier. BOC changed, 'sold
out', and made The Reaper. Metallica sold out and, well... sued its fans. So
I'd say they've kinda gone a little too far.

Anyway,

>Let's drop this Napster/ Metallica thread and move back to HAWKWIND!

and BOC!

-Johnny