Halloween 82 chain status?

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
Thu Dec 7 14:29:57 EST 2000

Hello Jeff
Hello Folks

Just a few words from me about the 1982 chain

Well, the owner of the MASTER CD asked a couple of months ago who would
like to take part on this chain.

And I was one of about 6 or 7 fans

After the CD was created, the owner posted all 7 e-mail addresses to each
fan. The addresses were in a special order.
1st there were  UK addresses and I (from Germany) was the last on this
small list what made sense because to safe money the master CD was copied
to fans in the UK first

After this I have received the original CD.
I made a copy for me and wanted to send the original back to the owner. But
he told me that I was indeed the last one on the list and I could do with
the original CD what I want.

Yes, I have got now this CD !!!

Now to you Jeff

Please have a look on your CD and you will find a README.TXT file which says:

===========
Hawkwind - Choose the Side that You'll be on..

Contents:

Tracks for disc I and II in SHN format.
Front cover artwork
Inner front cover artwork (optional, requires printing on both sides of paper)
Back cover artwork
Shorten.exe
Unshort.bat
Readme.txt(this file)

Instructions:

Copy the all the SHN tracks to an empty directory on your hard drive(make
sure you have 2 gigs free).
Copy shorten.exe and unshort.bat to the same directory
In MSDOS, in the directory with the files, type "unshort"
   (shorten.exe will then unzip all of the audio tracks to their wav
format, this may take 20 minutes on a slow computer)
Once shorten is done verify you have the all the tracks in wav format in
the directory.
Open your favorite cdr burning program and burn the two discs (see the back
cover artwork for correct track order), using disc at once.
If you want the artwork print out the two(three) jpg files.
Contact the next person in the chain and send the chain disc on.

Thats it !!!

Enjoy this phantastic CD

cheers
Bernhard