HW: More obscure Hawkwind relations

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Thu Dec 14 01:30:20 EST 2000

Hi,

>For real completists only. There is a very, and I mean very, distant
>link to Hawkwind and the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band via Dave Brock. I
>believe that prior to playing with the Dharma Blues Band and after being
>a busker, the esteemed Mr. Brock had a stint playing in Bob Kerr's
>Whoopee Band (who are still going strong BTW) and Bob Kerr was an early
>member of the Bonzo's (or was it that some members of the Bonzos were in
>the Whoopee band?)

There's another Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - Hawkwind connection: Doo Dah
member Vivian Stanshall was a friend of Bob Calvert's and he also appears
on latter's Captain Lockheed album (BTW, this connection reminds of the
Bob/Nik/Lemmy - Stanshall scene in Kris' This Is Hawkwind book <g>).

(c)IAO

                                 D+R
--
"Nothing is true - everything is permissible"

                                         Hassan I Sabbah
www.d-rider.de          denis at d-rider.de