Re;Thin Lizzy advert!

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Jun 15 20:05:44 EDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:09:03 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:
>> P.S. Bedouin new CD put back to September, but at least Harvey's being a
>> full-time member for the live dates in the autumn. For those in Germany
this
>> weekend, try and catch the excitement of Spacehead doing a live set with
Nik
>> Turner and Harvey Bainbridge as full concert members of the band -
should be
>> a goodie!!!
>
>        Marvellous! The only thing missing from Bedouin was a bit of extra
>swoosh. I'd rather Alan provided it than Harvey but I suppose even with
>that foot-pedal setup he was using last time I saw them theres limits to
>what he can do and play the bass at the same time.

I can verify from experience that it *is* possible to play bass, sing, and
use a foot-pedal to make "swoosh" all simultaneously.  But it's not easy!
Takes quite a bit of preparation.  And it is definitely more limiting than
having both hands free and *not* having to concentrate on singing ...

>And I like Harvey's swoosh lots too.

Me, too!  (Although he's not quite as much a master-of-swoosh as Del
Dettmar, Tim Blake, or even Dave Brock [check out the part of the
"Watchfield Festival" jam on the Acid Daze/Anthology collection where he
puts down his guitar and plays synth, or, as Colm recently mentioned, the
Charisma era albums where I'm pretty certain that the synth-noise-swoosh
parts are mostly by Dave, while the melodic keyboard parts are by Simon].)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com