HW: The Time Of The Hawklords

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Wed May 3 15:34:42 EDT 2000

At 06:54 PM 5/3/00 GMT, Steve P wrote:

>I've met them both, & obviously spent more time around Calvert, but I
>still hold onto my belief that Calvert is the only bone fide genius I`ve
>ever met, with Moorcock I always got the impression that if you didn`t
>know who he was he`d tell you.. Calvert would be too busy ranting about
>whatever had pissed him off in todays Telegraph for stuff like that

Y'know, I opened the paper today, and saw this article that said there was a
link between bad tempers and heart attacks, along with depression and heart
attacks, and high cholesterol and heart attacks - and I thought, great. I
have high cholesterol (despite being vegetarian), get depressed (and like,
being told depression causes heart disease isn't exactly going to cheer you
up) and I have a rotten temper - it's bloody amazing I'm still alive. And
oddly, this thought cheered me up.

Anyway, I always thought it was kinda unfair that, unlike virtually everyone
else in the band, Bob (according to him, anyway) 'wasn't particularly into
swallowing large amounts of drugs'), and yet, off he goes at 43. It's
particularly bad, considering that he was, IMHO anyway, the one most likely
still to be producing good material, and it didn't seem impossible that his
best work was still ahead of him.  Ah, I'm gonna get all maudlin. Hell with it.

Steve - Bigfoot still rules!
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania