New Monster Magnet Album

Johnny Firic johnnybravo5858 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 5 01:44:49 EST 2000

>You're obviously from the BOC side of this list.  How else could you
>fail to notice the dead ringer for "Time We Left" on _Powertrip_:
>"Bummer."

well, I _am_ "from the BOC side", but I'm getting into Hawkwind... give me
some time. I do know "time we left", and I agree it does sound a lot like
"Bummer", the latter being IMO by far the worst song on "Powertrip", fit for
Kid Rock to cover.

>Also, "Dinosaur Vacume" is "more Hawkwind than Hawkwind..."  (Not to
>mention a bone fide cover of Hawkwind's "Brainstorm.")

hmmm... I _should_ know Brainstorm, but I can't quite place it. I don't like
"Dinosaur vacume" - btw it's spelled "vacuum" on a UK version that I've got
- it spoiled "Live in Las Vegas" for me. I hope "brainstorm" isn't that
bad...

>_Spine of God_ is *THE* Monster Magnet album.  All others pale in
>comparison!

Well, I can see how a Hawkwind would think so, but I don't think a lot of
Monster Magnet fans would agree. I think it was the influence of the other
guitarist (who quit when Ed Mundell came on) that made "Spine" stand out so
much. I gave it another shot after my previous post, and - well, sorry. I
just don't like it. I think "Dopes" is much, much better.

And thanks for the info on "Tab" (I thought that was the name). I'll stay
clear of that one...

Johnny