Off: Tecno etc. was HW: Support bands #1 - a general approach

Chris Warburton cwarburton at RDF-CONSULTING.CO.UK
Wed Nov 8 12:24:52 EST 2000

Macro-Dub...  vol 1 is a MONSTER!!! did vol 2. ever appear?
Try also: Autechre/The Black Dog/Bark Psychosis (the latter's "Hex" is one
of my all time favourites!)

> how much of this stuff could really be described as 'dance music' is a
> moot point I suppose. I prefer the dubby/soundscape end of the genre.

And it's extremely trippy at times... I always had a fondness for
dub-reggae, and the way it's been recast in recent years...

> For the record I can't dance to save
> my life so it's not about that, not for me anyway.

I'm not too hot meself, but it never stopped me having a whale of a time at
"The Fridge" on Friday nights whebn I lived in Croydon...

> Perhaps the problem is it's become such a huge field, and
> many people only get exposed to the boring, unimaginative
> beats that dribble from every other
> car stereo on every high street.

Hear-hear... and whoever unleashed the likes of the Venga Boys(?)
should be whiplashed & bathed in vinegar!!!!

> Anyone here like 23 Skidoo?  One of my favourite bands ever, recently
> reformed, though I missed them playing the Scala a few weeks ago.

A band I've always thought I might like, but never actually heard..., ah
well, so much music, so little time

ChrisW