Hawkwind : take a vote

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Feb 1 11:13:38 EST 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Michael W Blackman wrote:

=> Would desigining a poster of a band that you revere muchos grande
=> then circulating said poster (at no charge)  be considered.......
=>
=> (a) Undermining the bands ability to make an income in the poster
=> department
=>
=> (b) promote the band greatly as well as possibly generate more
=> interest for the band
=>
=> (c) a very naughty thing to do
=>
=> (d) ask me later when I'm sober/not quite so stoned

I would say (b), especially if a band were to cite (a) and then not
actually put out any posters themselves.  (Seems like bands that are
not taper-friendly always complain that live tapes "stifle" the market
for live recording, yet never seem to have plans to put out good,
high-quality live recordings to "tap that market".)

But, I could also see that (c) would apply, as it is always better to
check first than be hassled later, especially if you want to promote or
maintain good relations with the band.

I choose (d). ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: 12th Annual Xmas Jam, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, Asheville, NC, 2000-12-21

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa