OFF: Re: TV appearance? , <>

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 18 15:18:36 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/18/01 2:29:49 PM, tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU writes:

<< >
> but yeah, the follow-up to 'spirit in the sky' was 'canned ham';

That's the one...

 i saw
> him on 'bandstand' plugging it.

What was the Bandstand clone syndicated TV show originating in,
maybe, Detroit, or Cleveland? >>
===
nay nay , abc-tv on saturday!
===
<< I'm thinking it was called Upbeat or
some such.  >>

of course, mastuh t -- Upbeat, saturday afternoons where i was, syndicated
show originating in cleveland. you could have seen greenbaum there, too
==
<<They had Canned Heat on every other week doing a
silly lip-synch of Goin Up the Country.  Also our beloved Frijid Pink,
the Illusion.  Great show!  Hosted by some Dick-Clark-light-wannabe
who favored Nehru jackets.  <>, you must've seen this show?>>

==
funny you should mention canned heat; my memory of the first axual
'long-haired freaky people' i ever saw...was canned heat on upbeat.

> he did at least 2 lp's on reprise...
>
> recently i've heard radio ads for a 'boston music' cd, and 'spirit in
> the sky' is one of the selexions, alongside 'just what i needed',
> 'more than a feeling','dirty water' j.geils, etc etc.

<<Well, that's just heresy, if you ask me.  We both know that the Boss-
Town sound was thrust forward by the likes of the Ultimate Spinach!
Can you remember any others in the ill-fated, contrived 'genre?'>>
===
nnnggghhh...rotary connection?

yeah, there were others too.

"<>"