HW: books?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 24 07:06:36 EST 2001

Arin Komins writes:

> Hey folks,
>
> What books are out there about hawkwind?
>
> I know about the Butterworth duo/trilogy, Kris's
> This is Hawkwind, Do not Panic book, and the Illustrated Guide to
> collecting Hawkwind.
>
> ...and I know Adrian is putting one out.
>
> Are there any others?

Gave'n'Dave's "Born To Go" book is well worth a read.

> What are the Bob Calvert poem collections called?

Centigrade 232 and Earth Ritual.

> (...and does anyone have any idea where I can track any of these down?
> ebay, abebooks, and bibliofind haven't been of much use.)

The Calvert stuff does come up occasionally in Ebay or Gem. You could
also try bibliofind.com which I've always found great for nailing out of
print books. I have Gavin Wilson's address at home and I'll look it up
for you if nobody else has a handier way to find Born To Go.

Cheers

Mike