BOC: New Song and Album News

Chris Martin CultJacket at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 25 16:35:30 EST 2001

<<
 Hey post away - anything that comes up on online BOC forums is, IMHO
 fair game for posting on BOC-L.  Of course, if the band is not the
 source, it shouldn't be cited as necessarily fact.  On the other hand it
 is a fact that "Dance on Stilts" has been played live and you don't need
 the band to tell you that.  : >>

The track list came directly from Bucks mouth per convesation that I had with
him in DE. I didnt list the names of the Eric Bloom tracks other than what
has been played live.Not sure if EB would get bent.

>See previous comment.  Also, I hold absolutely ZERO hope that anything
on the new album will receive anything more than scant radio airplay.
*Heaven Forbid* made me a believer in that.<
If I were betting money I'd side with you,but in the music business you never
know.
It was surprising in 1976 at the height of the Disco Era that Reaper was a
hit.
Marketing is the tool. The music industry always force feeds us what we are
suppose to like,I dont follow suit but most people do.
Here Comes That Feeling from the 6 songs i've heard is probably the 1 that
should be marketed towards radio. But the name Blue Oyster Cult isn't a pop
friendly name.
So the BOC name alone puts a dent in the chances for Adult Cont Radio