BOC: CotHM review/overview/discussion

Scruton, Jason GG3757 at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Tue Jun 5 14:29:31 EDT 2001

>hearing what I've heard of the new one, I appreciate HF
>a lot LESS than I did even just yesterday.
>
>I think the songwriting (music-wise) is FANTASTIC this
>time out,

The band has benefited from playing together as much as they have live. They
sound like a functioning unit. and Bobby R's drumming is gathering some
courage to syncopate.

What strikes me as ironic though, about the whole album, is its named after
a song written by two people who are (to varying degrees and in varying
ways) estranged from the band today. Go figure.

BUT its promising that more than two of the tracks are collaborative
songwriting efforts. after all, Rondinelli is the first drummer since Albert
B. to be in a writing credit, right?

Kasim