BOC: What's your favorite bloom growl/yell/vocal?

Scruton, Jason GG3757 at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Mon Jun 11 10:40:18 EDT 2001

We might as well have a whip round (its really lovely ill keep it and
cherish it forever) for Eric since we've done best guitar solo etc. every
oyster boy has his day, no?

>> Eric sounds amazing on this disc.  Some of his growls
>> and yells take me right back to the early '70s. . .
>> even though I didn't become a fan until the early '80s.
>
>"One Step Of The Devil" is particularly good.

For me, its the scream at the end of Donovan's Monkey, followed closely by
his Harvester of Eyes rap on ST, (which is coincidentally tied with "Hey!
Alright! Get down!" off of OYF's Harvester)  and the take you to
helllllllllllllllllllllllll... bit on Divine Wind off o' Cultosaurus.

my fave singing part by Mr. Bloom is all of SFG takes where he sings- so
much more vibrant and on key.  But I would say Astronomy is the cake taker
for the BOC era (though, Deborah's take on the tune is Astounding with a
capital A -- Especially, the transition lines of nexus of the crisis and
origin of storms.." and just to place to hopelessly encounter time and then
came me".)

Jason
PS: dare we poll for "best stun guitar songs?" hehe