OFF: good places to live?

Carl Edlund Anderson scylding at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Mar 17 07:24:37 EST 2001

At 17.53 +0000 16.3.2001, Jon Jarrett wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Thomas, Guy wrote:
>>  Austin - great place!  Visited twice in the 90's on business
>>  First beer I ever had in America was a Young's "Ram 'n' Special" in a great
>>  bar called Maggie Mae's, back in 1989
>
>         Excellent choice sir! But what on earth was it doing in
>Texas? It's hard enough to find outside of London!

Lots of UK beer gets imported to the US in bottled form (some of it
is extremely dodgy, but some of it is quite decent for bottled
imports).  It's a hell of a lot easier to find certain UK brands in
the large US city of your choice than anywhere in Britain outside the
brewery's catchment area.  You're shafted for variety here! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

ps - of course, you get into those big in-between spaces in the US
and you might as well drink Coke, since the choice of beer is limited
to Budmilloors!

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
mailto:scylding at carlaz.com