ACTION MAN Hawkwind connection?

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue May 1 10:38:56 EDT 2001

Mr. Shaw said...

>I read an Action Man story about a band in USA.
>Have their been any written about Hawkwind?
>The story is on the aural innovations web site.
>http://www.aural-innovations.com
>I think this guy used to write for Hawkwind.

Roger Neville-Neil (aka Nostra-Rogus) you're talking about, eh?  Yeah, he
wrote the lyrics for "Heads" ("In glass booths they're wired" really?  I
never woulda guessed that that's what he was saying!).  And to connect up
with the Farflung thread, he wrote the lyrics also to "The Raven Ate the
Moon."  In fact, he was at Strange Daze '99 when Farflung played.  For those
of you there that didn't know, he was the odd chap in the Secret Agent garb
(trenchcoat and hat), which made me think that he wrote that one as well.
(I'm not sure, but I don't think so.)  He's a really nice guy, as we shared
a table at the Sunday night indoor show at the Symposium.  He lives in
Portland, OR and walks great distances at times to see shows, as he doesn't
own a car (or at least didn't back in '99).  (I know we had a thread about
that awhile back also.)  He's the one that turned us at AI onto King Black
Acid (from Portland also).  Roger is also a photography buff who I'm sure
has a lot of tasty photos of many cool groups.  In fact, I think he shot
some for SD'99 (check our review page).

Grakkl (FAA)