OFF/HW: double bass...who's on first? what's on second?

L-soft list server at St. Peter's Campus, US (1.8d) LISTSERV at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Sun Oct 14 16:35:19 EDT 2001

Mark Edmonds wrote:

> Not sure I subscribe to that myself. I agree about the common chord
> sequences used in a lot of songs but narrow tonal intervals ? I'll bet the
> Hawks would have got a muted response if they had played Silver Machine in a
> quarter tone scale - interesting thought though! Anyway, fact is that unless
> you want to reinvent the electric guitar, you're stuck with semi-tones and
> surely the obvious harmonic root of all Hawkwind is "blues", not Eastern? -
> just think of Dave's busking songs.
>
> Mark

Hi - have attempted to make similar point myself but two charlies have banned me
from the list: if you think freedom of expression (and attempting to preserve
ones own legal rights by fair rather than underhand means) are valuable and
hard-won commodities in this age of consumerist waffles and ice-cream cone
philosophy, please mail ben at TMK.COM to let him know what you think of his
parlous decision to ban my banter from this open discussion forum.

f rat

P.S. What about Hashish? I don't know where I think the influence for this comes
- Eastern is obvious, but f**k me - that bassline!