FAO Hawkwind Band: NikWar Spam

f. rat hawkthing at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Mon Aug 12 13:26:31 EDT 2002

Nick Medford wrote:

> I actually wish I didn't care and feel slightly irritated with myself to
> find that I do. That's what being a fan for the last 19 years (not as long
> as some here I know, but more than half my life) will do to you I suppose.
>
> Nick

To be serious for a minute, I think the point is that people *do* care
and don't like to see Dave and Nik running themselves ragged over this,
and doing each other down. It's so unlike the solid vibe of Hawkwind
themselves - it's amazing with any band that after 30 (sorry, nearly 32)
years they're still grooving whether with huge lineup changes or not,
and still more so that there is freshness and creativity coming out of
at least one side of the argument.

Like most probably, I wish that Dave and Nik could forget their
differences and get on with the role of creating and performing.
Hawkwind are still the hottest thing around for me, though I didn't get
past Silver Machine until the mid-80s.

C'mon guys, put away your daggers (or needle guns) and make up. All this
bickering makes my head hurt (ouch!)

F. Rat.