OFF: Turner & Yorn (was NIK: Appearance at WC2002?)

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu May 30 21:01:25 EDT 2002

>>P.P.S.  Somebody named Pete Yorn is playing at the Newport tonight.
>>Thought they ran out of Z's for the marquee, but then I saw it was
>>sold out, and knew Pete Zorn couldn't really be that popular.  Who
>>the f*** is Pete *Yorn*?
>
>I'm pretty sure he's a neo-/alterna-folkie/singersongwriter type, sort of
>like Jeff Buckley or Elliot Smith ...

Is that 'emo' or whatever it is?*

>(now YOU tell me who Pete Zorn is ...
>the only Zorn I know of is saxophonist/bandleader John)

He's a sax player (isn't John Zorn also a sax player?) IIRC, who I remember
from somewhere in the post-Zombies Argent/Ballard family tree.  That's all I
can tell you.  Don't even know if he ever did anything on his own.  (I know
Raphael Ravenscroft did...I used to have an LP of his *long* ago.)

Are the Zorn's brothers?  (I don't know much of anything about John....he's
much more of an avant-garde jazz dude ain't he?)  Though I thought John was
American, and I would have guessed Pete was English.

Grakkl (FAA)

*BTW, whatever happened to Emo Phillips?