BOC: A Long Day's Night DVD track listing

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Sep 17 15:05:44 EDT 2002

On 17 Sep 2002, at 18:50, Nick English wrote:

> >> One thing I've never seen is BOC playing for
> >25,000 people. I became a fan
> >> long after they had started playing large clubs.
> >Does Grand Funk Railroad
> >> typically play for this size audience? I didn't
> >think they were that much
> >> more popular than BOC.
>
> For a while there, I think they were A LOT more popular than BOC.

Hey, didn't GFR play the Atlanta Pop Festival?  That must've been
over 100K in attendance, easy.  I saw BÖC at a couple of outdoor
festivals back in the day, where they had to be around the 100K
mark.  Malta Speedway [near Albany] was huge, and I saw 'em at
Rich Stadium, which was absolutely packed, both seats and
stadium floor...

 If
> I'm not mistaken, they sold out Shea stadium faster than the Beatles.

Yeah, well, according to the TV ads, Slim Whitman sold more
records in the UK than Elvis...

> Like so many bands, though, including BOC, they went from being huge
> to being a footnote in rock history.

Didn't Mark Farner become some kind of Jesus Freak musician?
Guess he put that on hold when he realized he could rake in the
bucks playing the summer sheds as a nostalgia act.  Guess god'll
have to wait her turn a few more years...

Wonder what kind of groupies show up at a Christian rock concert?
Maybe that's what changed Mark's mind?

theo