BOC: A Long Day's Night DVD track listing

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Sep 17 15:17:08 EDT 2002

Nick English wrote:

> For a while there, I think they [Grand Funk] were A LOT more popular than BOC.
> If I'm not mistaken, they sold out Shea stadium faster than the Beatles.  Like
> so many bands, though, including BOC, they went from being huge to being a
> footnote in rock history.

Wow, I never knew Grand Funk was such a big draw in the '70s. Thanks for the
info.

For me, I found BOC and many other '70s bands through a winding road that
started with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. After "discovering" so many
bands who were as good or better, and who were just as popular at the time,
I've always been interested in why Band X is a household name today while
Band Y is mostly forgotten.

Brian
obCD> anything by Pearl Jam...whatever happened to them?