the female race and hawkwind

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Feb 18 22:08:00 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:46:49 -0000, Jill Strobridge <jill at THETA-
ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:
> [...]

Actually, one of the reasons I like Hawkwind IS because of the *diversity*
of the fanbase; I think it's pretty incredible that the music can be (and
is) appreciated by leather&denim metalheads, pierced punks, sci-fi readers,
poetry fans, hairy classic-rockers, baggy-pants-wearing ambient freaks,
computer programmers & academicians, and plenty who don't fall into ANY of
those categories (or, pardon me, stereotypes).  And I'm incredibly curious
about *why* all those people like Hawkwind (AND what parts of Hawkwind they
don't like), because each of them sees Hawkwind in a different way, like a
multi-faceted crystal which looks like it has a different shape depending
on which angle you're looking at it from.  I think it's extremely cool that
some people can like the band mostly for the very things that I like the
least about them.

But maybe it is a dude thing to relentlessly categorize those things that
we observe in life.  Anyone wanna give me a grant to do some taxonomy work
on the audience at the next Hawkwind show I attend?

    -Doug (leather-jacket-wearing-metal-pin-free-long-haired-punk-rockin'-
PKDick-reading-synth-knob-twiddling-computer-programming-and-probably-a-few-
more-categories male)
     jasret at mindspring.com