HW: Astoria meet-up and passport holders

Ben Fagin vulcanfoundry at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Thu May 22 14:11:20 EDT 2003

The Wetherspoons in Charing Cross Road is a fair bet, who says everyone
has to meet at the same place? A better choice than The Tottenham imho,
more Room & Space better Beer etc..... 1-2 minute walk to Astoria.

Are you reading this Ali, Alan?

The Moon Under Water, Charing Cross Road

Address: 105-107 Charing Cross Rd, London, WC2H 0DT
Tel: 020 7287 6039

[click here for map]
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=529869&Y=181110&titl
e=Moon+Under+Water+-+location&back=Back+to+Moon+Under+Water+details&url=
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/155/&arrow=Y&bimage=bgco
lor%3dccccff

Not to be confused with its Leicester Square cousin of the same name,
this is quite possibly the coolest of the London Wetherspoons pubs.
Located on the west side of the Charing Cross Road, just north of
Cambridge Circus, it's more like a bar than your average pub with its
extremely modern look (the result perhaps of extensive renovation in
late 1999).

It's an enormous place - a small section as you come in, then down a few
steps to the main floor with the bar on the left and tables ahead and to
the right; some secluded behind walls for privacy. Plus staircases lead
up to another floor looking down on the bar area.

Reasonable prices and you don't have to wait too long at the
well-stocked bar. No music played, as is the case with all Wetherspoons
pubs.