HW: Tour Shirts

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 27 07:57:52 EDT 2004

Iain Ferguson writes:

> Mike,
>
> And you have just added another mis-preconception that all scots can
> can take haggis anytime. This is only applicable to scots that actually
> live in the homeland, us that have moved south have lost that right ,
> though the appeal is hoped to go through scottish parliament this
> October...

It's not before time. My friends in the Borders tell me that
cross-border Reiving for haggis is totally out of control in
Dumfrieshire. Seems illegal immigrants are crossing the Solway on
moonlit nights and taking so many haggii for smuggling back to England
that the Borders Haggis may be on the endangered list within a
decade.

There have been some experiments with haggis farming in England but they
just don't survive without natural heather to eat.

FoFP