HW: Litmus

Tue Aug 10 19:20:26 EDT 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Colin J Allen wrote:

> The stunning debut CD from Litmus "You Are Here" is now available; go to:
> http://www.spacemusic.biz

        Having done as he suggested I strongly suggest you do similar. Not
only is it only eleven quid[1] for 60 minutes of top-notch spacerock, but
some people on reading Andy Garibaldi's write-up in the CD Services
mailout might be forgiven for thinking this band were another Hawkwind
clone. There are some moments of unmistakable derivation (perhaps we could
say `tribute') but never delivered as Hawkwind would have delivered
them. This is actually pretty damn close to being new and exciting in my
cynical and tattered book and though I haven't been able to buy many
albums so far this year this must be in the running for best one, against
Clutch's _Blast Tyrant_ and Nektar's _A Tab In The Ocean_. So buy it I
say. The more they realise they can actually sell stuff the quicker
they'll do the next one :-) Yours,
                                   Jon (who will do some proper reviews
again some day)

[1] At time of writing obviously.
ObCD: Hawkwind - _The Best of Hawkwind_ (the Castle one)
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)