Hi again

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Aug 16 14:04:50 EDT 2004

Stephen Swann wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:25:44AM -0400, Jean Lansford wrote:
> > > Stephen Swann wrote:
> > > fact that I seldom get to hear cool new music (given the
> > > dire state of modern commercial radio), and partly due to
> > > the fact that my musical tastes are almost certainly getting
> > > more and more ossified.  ;-)
> >
> > Sirius. And Rhapsody. And, dare I say it, New Napster. They've
> > saved what's left of my brain, anyway.
>
> I'm currently debating between Sirius and XM, although I'm
> leery of investing in the hardware to receive something that
> could turn out to be just as crappy and monopolized (i.e. my
> grouse with Clear Channel could just as easily turn out to
> be my grouse with XM?).  Do you have any personal experience
> of it?

Better than the stations around here (which isn't hard to do),
and some of the specialty stations play things you don't hear
on the radio.

> Rhapsody?

Real Networks version of the New Napster. Better interface and
music selection AFAIAC.

> > Have you heard of Tomoyasu Hotei?
>
> Excuse you!

Dank oo. *sniffles*

> No, I haven't.  What should I know about him/her?

I think he would be a harder version of Stomu Yamashta, based on
your description. (I can't find any samples of Yamashta except the
"neat swooshy sounds" from his older albums.) Hotei contributed to
the soundtrack of Kill Bill I.

--
Jean Lansford
oystrgal at bellsouth.net