OFF: worldcon

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Mon Aug 30 22:18:46 EDT 2004

Quoting Doug Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM>:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:21:40 -0500, Arin Komins
> <akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU> wrote:
> >On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Stephan Forstner wrote:
> >
> >:Subject: Re: OFF: worldcon
> >:
> >:On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:07:44 -0400, David Kuznick
> >:<dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU> wrote:
> >:
> >:> Let's see. There is likely a Ginger Baker->Robert Fripp link to bring
> >:> it on topic.  Aha, got it.  John Mclaughlin was in The Graham Bond
> >:> Organisation, and Robert did a pretty famous interview with John
> >:> McLaughlin in Musician magazine in 1982.  Ta-da!
> >:
> >:No no, you go via Fripp & Eno, since Eno was all over Calvert's first 2
> >:solo albums!
>
> ... and Paul Rudolph was all over three of Eno's first four solo albums.

The sad thing is during my first BOC-L tenure, I would have known both of those
facts off the top of my head.

> >For an even more tenuous link:
> >
> >Norman Spinrad has played on and off with Heldon, who has a song named In
> >the Wake of King Fripp (dedicated to Fripp and Eno).
>
> That's a fascinating piece of trivia I did not know!  I like Heldon, but
> I've hardly heard all their stuff.

Most of it is quite good (I think I like Allez Teia best), though you need a
taste for noodling and repetition.  Unfortunately, I've found Richard Pinhas'
(Mr. Heldon himself) recent stuff on the dull side.

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"We'll wait in stone circles `til the force comes through - lines