HW: Tour Shirts

Thu May 27 18:45:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Nick Medford wrote:

> OK, so Mr Wright is apparently a nice bloke, and clearly he's a genuine HW
> fan, fair enough. And HW's public profile is now very low, the cult
> following of the 70s and 80s having dwindled away to a large extent. So HW
> basically need all the publicity they can get, and having a "celebrity fan"
> presents some opportunities for that. However- this overdone "Matthew
> Wright connection", and the way it's being milked, makes me cringe. Sorry
> about that. But I still hope the single does well!

        I think there's an important first step here, that of actually
releasing something, which would be a real help with Hawkwind's public
profile just now. Sorry, this is not news, I realise, yours,
                                                             Jon

P.S. I do realise that `releasing something' is not actually the first
step, as the last single also only made it to radio promo of course. This
time, we haven't even got that far five months after hawkwind.com
originally told us to expect it. Not Rik's fault of course; garbage in,
garbage out...
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)