HW: Planet Rock

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 30 11:14:47 EDT 2006

My only reason to "pool our vote" is so that it doesn't get diluted.

There was a poll recently reported in the paper for the best no1 album ever.
The Beatles Sgt Pepper won by 250 votes over Thriller. Consider though that
had Jackson won and the Beatles come 2nd that the actual Beatles vote was
split over 8 albums in the top 20 to Jackson's 1. If there had been only one
Beatles album to vote for I guess (unless those who voted for the other 7
preferred Thriller to Sgt Pepper) that the margin would have been much
greater. I was just suggesting that we get HW as high as we can by
considering pooling votes - I'm sure other lists will be doing so.

I'm happy to leave to people's own judgement - it was only a suggestion but
I will be voting for my fav anyway as it is Space Ritual.

Steve