OFF: Freeedom of Speech - Time Out?

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 14:37:00 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:13:10 -0000, Jill Strobridge
<jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK> wrote:

>Ey-up folks.   This is a really interesting discussion but now it's reached
>5 screenfulls per message can we ease up a bit before it turns into an
>endless tit-for-tat where people simply exchange their increasingly
>entrenched points of view rather than offering any new arguments?

I'm perfectly happy to leave it where it is. As with any lengthy off-topic
discussion, the list's tolerance thus far is appreciated.

The only point I would add is that my "entrenched point of view", if that is
what it is, is basically a wary scepticism of entrenched views.

I concur with Mike about the civilised tone of the discussion. Some of the
other debate I've seen on the net has been depressingly boneheaded, much
like the real-world events in question.

Nick