How to capture the Roadburn Festival webcast to disk

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri May 26 06:03:18 EDT 2006

Jill Strobridge writes:

> ok  I'm a pedant but surely it needs to be much harder than
> just-a-click-away?  However I have to confess that although I've seen sites
> where MP3 tracks were available for payment I've never clicked on one!
> What actually happens when you do?    Sorry if this sounds stupidly
> ignorant - it is!  I have never downloaded paid music from a web site and
> have no idea how you pay the fee!

The simplest way is to take an online account, such as Paypal, which is
linked to your credit card (or you can just put money in from a linked
bank account).

Then you CLICK on the web button to download the music of choice. You
select Paypal to pay. That takes you to the Paypal secure site to be
billed. Another CLICK on the Pay Now button and the money wings its way
from your Paypal account to that of the band, with a fee going to Paypal
(2% of small purchases I think). You see the bill later on your credit
card statement. The band can either use the funds to buy something
online or decant them to a Real World bank account to spend on beer.

You type in credit card details once at the Paypal site and then
anything on the web that's for sale really is just a couple of clicks
away. Businesses that sell on Ebay see regular money coming in that way
because they relist the same items every day or even every hour.
Obviously there are many thousands of bands that get their bread and
butter this way - most of them will probably never ever see a standard
record deal.

FoFP