HW: News from the Hawkwind camp!

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Sun Apr 15 22:01:05 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:51:59AM +0100, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:

> 	I have to give that another listen. Mike Coleman's review of it
> had me quite excited (yes, that was a long time ago) and when I finally
> got it it wasn't quite what I'd expected. The industrial noises and the
> songs could have used being integrated a bit more, but for a scratch
> band it's a prety good set. Mainly I wish that Ron hadn't gone on about
> how `mad' they all were so much, as his playing doesn't live up to the
> spirit of chaos he seemed to be trying to invoke... Yours,

Weirdly, one of the fondest memories I have of live music:
Hawkwind playing the NYC Limelight years ago, and during an
instrumental sequence, Ron Tree, covered in green paint,
clearly stoned out of his mind, wandering out onto the stage
and wrapping his arms around the mic stand while red lights
washed over him.  It was somehow surreally perfect...

Steve