Off Topic, but worthy.. TEMPLE RAWK

Sat Nov 29 17:24:33 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 04:38:41PM -0500, StevePXR5 at AOL.COM typed out:
> The band are THE TEMPLE and the time has come for the doors of  the Temple to
> open.
> The MySpace link is  _http://www.myspace.com/thisistemple_
> (http://www.myspace.com/thisistemple)  but  that may change soon as we want to drop the "this
> is" for "The".
> Check 'em out.
> There are only 3 tracks on the site now, but if you want to hear more then
> private mail me and I'll send Martian Attack and Deathray Baby.
> Maybe even Acidhead Messiah and / or METALIZATION as well.
>
> Be warned, this is pure RAWK in the old style.

	This is better than most of the MySpace pointers I've been
subjected to, though I gotta say the band wears its influences pretty
clearly on its sleeve. There is no shortage of the Mighty Riff here, but
there could be a bit more excitement about the vocals and drums. If this
is a rock juggernaut, which it certainly sounds like in places, its
steering is still a bit basic. But I'd happily go and see them and shake
my hair and stuff. There are five tracks up now, so I guess things are
moving on... Yours,
		    Jon

ObCD: Judge Trev - _God and Man_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk