80s Metal

Chris Allen mysterioso at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 10 13:56:32 EDT 2008

> * Speaking of Steve Harris, when I now listen to "Die Young" on
> Sabbath's "Heaven and Hell" album, I can't help wonder if Geezer had
> started listening to what Iron Maiden was doing - that bassline sounds
> more like a Steve Harris creation...

Curiously, according to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_and_Hell_(Black_Sabbath_album)
Geezer may not have been the one who came up with the Harris-esque
basslines for much of Heaven and Hell, as he'd pretty much left the
band, only to return for the actual recording sessions.

I've read this from various sources in the last fortnight, but can't
put my hand on the other links right now.